Configure Tax Rate
Configure Billing Providers
Configure Billing Location
Configure Calendar (Categories/Services/Appointments)
- Go into General Settings (Enable Billing /Calendar Settings) and Save.
- Go to Configuration/Billing Set-up to set-up tax rate
- Note on tax rate – this may be 0% and fake name as is necessary to set-up the location
- Billing/Providers – Add billing providers that will need calendars (billing providers must be pre-existing contacts in your SPC)
- Location – Utilize information on website (contact us page) or Help Desk.
- Use the tracking phone number as the contact phone number and the contact email address (under general settings) unless client request different.
- Additional Information – only field necessary is tax rate.
- Location – make sure to change to office. It will default to hospital.
- Hours – this can be entered later.
- Set-up Categories (Configuration/Category list)
- Type the name of the category in all caps.
- Copy categories from website (unless clients provide list)
- Parent Category would be main navigation (Body, Breast), child category (Liposuction, Tummy Tuck) would be drop downs or sub-menus.
- Create Services (Configuration/Services)
- Parent Services should match child categories (Breast Aug)
- Parent Services will have revenue range set to yes (fill in range if client provides) that will display on estimated revenue on contact screen.
- If client is only using calendar, there is no need to add child services.
- Configuring your calendar (Configuration/ Calendar)
- Calendar (each person that needs a calendar)
- Resources (all the rooms in the office where patients can be present)
- Appointment Types
- Group Views (group similar types together)
- Start with Calendar
- Each provider has to have a billing provider attached.
- Who sees patients in your practice/who needs calendar? Injector, Coordinator (pre-ops), Imaging machine. If they have rooms with specific piece of equipment, can’t double book, i.e., Coolsculpting. They will want to separate calendar for this.
- Resources – these are your rooms (Reception room, exam room 1, 2 and 3, Coolsculpting1)
- On the calendar when the patient is checked in, you can see what room they are in
- Setting up for future feature of room manager (how long have they been waiting)
- Group Views
- Sometimes you have a lot of different aestheticians. Even though in the calendar you can see a staff view, you can link similar items together, i.e., Medspa, OR or consult
- Note – Staff view will be default
Sample Group View
- Setting up appointment types
- Remember, you have the ability to attach service types to every appointment, so you don’t need to create appointment types for each item (i.e., NP – Breast Augmentation Consultation)
- Set-up as many appointment types as you use
- The only appointment types that have automation are consult, procedure, treatment and minor procedure.
- You can only have 20 appointment types.
- Use Block as catch all for out of office.
Remember, if they are not using the Billing functions, disable Billing in Organization/General Settings.